Monday, July 16, 2018

Harvest Monday - July 16th, 2018

This post is part of the Harvest Monday series over at Our Happy Acres.

More of the same over here and I'm not mad about it. 

Trombocino, Armenian cucumbers, an avalanche of fairy tale eggplants, shishito peppers, some green chiles. 




Last year I said I wasn't going to grow Sungold again. On a whim I ordered a packet from a different company (Territorial) and this selection is so much better. Large firm fruits that don't split. Big enough to be worth harvesting. Sweet and tart. I wish I'd planted more than one vine. 


Piccolo Dattero is another recommendation I took from Michelle's blog. It's incredible. It has these especially fat trusses and the fruits are tasty and easy to harvest. It's not my very favorite flavor of cherry tomato, but it is really good and I will definitely be growing it again.


Green chiles. These were getting sunscald so I picked them on the early side. They're good, but they'll be better later in the summer. 

Joe E Parker from Renee's




4 comments:

  1. What lovely harvests, and so plentiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your harvests are wonderful! Tomatoes and eggplant and peppers, oh my. Tomatoes and peppers are still weeks away here and I quit growing eggplant because I never found a way to preserve the excess that I would actually use. If you dry tomatoes the Piccolo Dattero are very tasty dried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Fairy Tales sure look great! And you're the 2nd person who has said the Sungold tomatoes from Territorial don't split. I've made a note to get seed there for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your tomatoes look good, and it is interesting you have a Sungold that does not split. Splitting is the reason I'm not growing it this year!

    ReplyDelete