Monday, March 12, 2018

Harvest Monday - March 12th, 2018

This post is part of the Harvest Monday series over at Our Happy Acres

Potatoes! This feels like a magic trick. I put one potato...sprout? in the ground and now I have many. 

Side shoots! Still collected fistfuls of these every few days. I grew other winter flowers, but these. I mean...look at this.


First of my second succession carrots. I'm pretty sure this is the Baker Creek free seed Cosmic Purple. I hosed it off and ate it on the spot. It's good! It's less sweet and more "carroty."




Ocean State Job Lots Discount Seed Variety Collards going strong.  Last of this years Arugula.



Succession planting fail. Drowning in Mikado turnips.



 Spinach.


ONE LAST ONE:
*sigh*








7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of the stock and the sunset. I envy you the turnips. Fall planted, you say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I sowed those turnips (and also that spinach) on December 16th.

      Delete
  2. Drowning in turnips - what a great problem to have! That's a good looking head of spinach too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems to be the way of it with succession planting, they all seem to come in at once unless the second succession is sowed as you pull the first one!

    I grew the Baker Creek freebie too. It is a tasty carrot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasant surprise since they're drowning me in free packets of black vernissage tomatoes, which not only didn't taste great, but also I had plants that just never set fruit? They chugged along perfectly happy as ornamental trees.

      Delete
  4. You're getting so much out of your garden. Everything looks so good, the flowers are especially lovely. I've gotten the same freebee packet of seeds, but everyone seems to hate the black vernissage tomatoes so I might have to rethink growing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so I might have to rethink growing them.


    Royal1688

    ReplyDelete