Monday, March 19, 2018

Harvest Monday - March 19th, 2018

Renee's scallion seed mix. I'm not sure those red scallions taste significantly different, but they look pretty.

I've been experimenting with blanching them. Top is one I grew, bottom is store bought. 



Gratuitous rain shots. Renee's Blush Batavia.


Side shoots! Batavian Broccoli. 

More Batavia Blush. Radichio is not suited to my climate, but it was still tasty, if a little sad looking. These went into a really killer salad with sliced apples, feta, toasted walnuts, and a vinaigrette.

3 comments:

  1. The Batavian lettuces must like your climate. I rarely have any luck growing radicchio myself, though I do like it in salads. The red scallions are surely colorful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your tomatoes in winter. And your radicchio and lettuce seem to be enjoying the rain. I always plant radicchio too late and they never make it through our winters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red scallions are surely colorful too!


    Royal1688

    ReplyDelete