Friday, April 20, 2018

Harvest Monday - April 23rd 2018

This post is part of the Harvest Monday series over at Our Happy Acres.

Before I show the handful of things I pulled out of my garden this week, I have a question for the blogosphere. About a year ago I found this blog (I can't remember if it was recent) by a couple who grow a crazy amount of food in only containers neatly arranged on a concrete pad. Do you know this blog? Let me know!



This onion was masquerading as a leek. It was in with my bucket of leeks and also bolting. Gardening is full of surprises when you suck at labeling things. I am relieved my leeks are not bolting.
Fennels and rotten dog.
Last of the fennel. I finally harvested one at the right size. It went into my favorite fennel/pork dish.

I did not know fennel grew back after being clear cut until recently so I was very surprised to see this root grew two fennels!

I also thinned my beets.




Doin' it.


And that's about it as we transition from Los Angeles "Winter" to Surface of the Sun Summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment