Monday, April 9, 2018

Harvest Monday - April 9th, 2018


This post is part of the Harvest Monday Series over at Our Happy Acres

Castelfranco Radicchio and a perfect tiny joker lettuce wearing radicchio camouflage. There was a pale little heart inside that radicchio, but I did a spit take it was so bitter. It was a good try, but radicchio is - unsurprisingly - not a great fit for my climate. Wish I had gotten it together to force some heads in the basement.
More loquats.

Chard. Kale. Fennel. Lettuce.

Kolibri. This variety was excellent.

Pulled up the rest of the spinach in anticipation of some 90 degree days. Bloomsdale. Very lightly blanched and tossed in the freezer.


Jewels. 

6 comments:

  1. Or is that radicchio in lettuce camouflage? Too bad it was so bitter. Nice variety of harvests! And those carrots are indeed jewels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been happy with how diversified my little garden is.

      Delete
  2. The radicchio and lettuce do look a lot alike. You're braver than I for trying to grow radicchio, it never makes tasty heads for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.I won't be trying again. I'm very happy to buy it from the store now!

      Delete
  3. Wow, your fennel is gigantic and your carrots are so pretty. I have one radicchio that's made it through our winter, its growing rapidly but no signs of a head yet.

    ReplyDelete